Friday, December 30, 2011

T.I - Big Shit Poppin (Two Fresh Remix) [Bass Filled Hip Hop Remix] + Ariel Pink's - Bright Lit Blue Skies (Two Fresh Rework) [Glitched-Out Bass Remix]



No, I'm not going to cover Skrillex's newest EP Bangerang. All I have to say about it, after a full listen, is that Skrillex continues to prove that he is the Nickleback of bass music.

Moving on, today I'll be looking at a few tracks from the other headliner of the No Antitdote Tour - Two Fresh. It has always confused me how twin brothers Sherwyn and Kendrick Nicholl, who make up Two Fresh, have made it to major touring spots with bass monsters such Skrillex and Nit Grit, but not because of a lack of musical ability. The main reason it's interesting that they commonly accompany dubstep DJs - is that they are anything but. Known for hip-hop influenced grooves and laid back bass, they convey a much different feeling than the in-your-face aggressiveness of modern bass music. Don't get me wrong, I like Two Fresh - a lot - especially because of their impressive live show that includes very talented drummer Colby Buckler, but I think some people may be confused about them based on the bills they land themselves on.

To give you a good idea of their unique sound, I tried to pick out two tracks that show Two Fresh's style and influences. The first, a remix of T.I.'s Big Shit Poppin, takes the well-known acepella and infuses it with the laid back bass that Two Fresh delivers so well. The second is a remix of Ariel Pink's Bright Lit Blue Skys that takes the original gives it a glitchy bass rework.

T.I.-Big Shit Poppin [Do It] (Two Fresh Remix)

Big Shit Poppin [ Do it ] - (Two Fresh Remix) by Two Fresh

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Bright Lit Blue Skies (Two Fresh Rework)

Bright Lit ReCoated by Two Fresh


Show Two Fresh Some Love:

Website

Soundcloud

Facebook

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment